Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dr.Henry Watters

>
A turn of the century view. Well, the bungalows weren't there, just the shoreline.

My husband and I are staying in and bed breakfast in Ogunquit, Maine, the Rockmere,
Newton Massachusetts is but two hours away, but my husband isn't inclined to drive down.


I am.


I have an urge to see if the house (and surgery) of Dr. Henry Watters is there. Google Earth Street view shows nothing.



I've been writing a lot about the Medical Profession in the 1900 era, so I guess this would be good background, for Henry is am important character in my Flo in the City story.

He was a fine, caring, and thoughtful man. He likely made a great doctor, and his empathy with his female cousins,Flo, Marion, Edith and Mae, suggests he likely was empathetic with is female patients, unlike most era doctors.