Saturday, June 25, 2011

Just One More Magazine and Then I'll Stop

Norman Nicholson, probably around 1920, a year or so before his death from an embolism.


I just purchased a 1909 Delineator from eBay. Cost a small fortune, but I can't find my other edition that I bought about 5 years ago, and this one had an article about The Corset: Uses and Abuses. Also a bit about Ellis Island. It seemed promising.


I have written in a mention of this magazine into Flora and the City. I feel I must, it has been written out of history.


And I just found out, Theodore Dreiser was the publisher of this magazine between 1907 and 1910. Big on 'child rescue' as in adoption.


He left under a cloud of scandal, but it had nothing to do with his work.


Ahem.


Just took a walk around the old Macdonald Campus, now John Abbott as I was picking up a relation at the bus there.


I walked the dogs near the Stewart Hall, which is the old women's residence, I guess. A big building, now apartments. "Danger" say some signs around it. I guess the building is losing bits and pieces.